Nowadays, booking a flight is so easy. However, there will still be times when booking may seem like a challenge if you can’t find the options you’re looking for. Here are some tips that may help you save time and maybe costs.
- Do not go to travel agencies when booking tickets as they are the more expensive alternative to online booking.
- There are several flight search engines for you to compare prices. Examples are Skyscanner, Expedia, Kayak, Travelocity and others. Google Flights is also a helpful tool for searching flights
- It is best to book your flights early. Six weeks minimum for domestic flights and maybe 3 months beforehand for international flights. Flights are much cheaper with this time range.
- Be on the lookout for promos and seat sales. Airlines often offer promos for early bookings. You can subscribe to the newsletter of these airline companies for regular updates.
- Be flexible on your travel dates as certain days have lower fares as compared to your planned day.
- It is best to travel outside the holidays as prices are much cheaper. Also, look upon flights that are scheduled early in the morning as these are usually cheaper.
- If the destination you are planning has several airports, it is best to check the prices for all ports and compare them.
If you want to experience flying in business or first class, here are some tips that might help to find the cheapest price.
- As a general rule, it is best to book early or in advance. Deals for business and first-class tickets are much higher when making last-minute bookings.
- Do not book on business travel days (Monday and Friday). These are the days when business people fly which increases demand, limits seat availability which in turn higher prices.
- Use search engines in looking for cheap flights to compare prices for different airlines. Some sites are dedicated to booking business/ first-class tickets like Skylux Travel, Flyfirst, and Etrayelbid.
- If your company has negotiations with an airline, you can use the corporate travel discount.
- You can apply and use premium credit cards since some premium cards offer discounts or promos for business/first-class tickets. Being a member of the loyalty program of an airline might also help you find cheaper flights.